Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rocky Raccoon

I don't make a lot of stuffed animals, but I wanted to try some alternative stuffing methods I had been dreaming up. Most stuffed craft items use poly-fil, which has the perfect texture and is easy to handle, but it's made of synthetic material. I wanted to try something more earth-friendly, so I started saving all my fabric scraps that are too small for reuse. The result was decidedly lumpier than a normal stuffed animal, but it looks perfectly adorable and has a certain bucolic charm when you hug it.

The body is made from an old t-shirt and the details of felt. I used a sewing machine to put the body together, so it took almost no time at all. I crocheted a little beret and scarf just to give it some personality, and to cover up the not-so-clean seam connecting the neck to the body.

2 comments:

  1. All you need now is a tiny felt Gideons Bible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cuddle together every night.

    ReplyDelete