Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mr. Freeze iPod cozy

This is probably one of my favorite projects because it came out almost exactly like I was imagining it. And aside from being time consuming, it wasn't all that challenging either. I found a free trial program online that would convert my image into a cross stitch pattern (there are tons of these programs and they have a surprising variety of functions-- imagine Photoshop for cross stitching).

The body of the cozy is made of two layers of fleece, which protects the screen and provides a little cushioning if the iPod is dropped. The thickness of the material, however, made sewing the top together very difficult, and it turned out a little uneven.

The tab at the top buttons on the other side, a particularly good closure for this application because you can plug in your headphones while the iPod is still wrapped up in its cozy.

By the way, if you don't know who Mr. Freeze is, a. I'm very sorry, and b. he's a Batman villain. The image I used is from Batman the Animated Series, which is a must watch if you haven't already seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment