Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Amigurumi Penguin

This is my first amigurumi, and probably my last. My friend requested one and I thought it would be quick and easy, since it's crocheted. It was exactly the opposite--because the stitches are so small and tight, it takes a lot of force and meticulous attention to get the hook in the right place.
I used a pattern from Lion Brand Yarn (you have to create a login, but it only takes a minute). I didn't have any of those nifty plastic eyes, so I just knotted some of the black yarn and pulled the ends through the white circles.
I made a top hat and umbrella out of felt as an homage to Oswald Cobblepot, but I think he turned out much cuter than The Penguin. I puzzled for a while over how to make the umbrella, and I ended up gathering a circle of felt around a bent bobby pin, which worked pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to hyperlink central, population THIS POST!

    This is probably one of my favorite things you've made, mostly because it comes with its own removable accessories.

    ReplyDelete